The General District Court is comprised of the Judges’ Office and the Clerk’s Office.
See the General District Court’s homepage on the Virginia’s Judicial System website for online court case information, forms, and prepayment.
- For Criminal Court (3B), Traffic Court (3C) and Civil Court (3D) schedules, go to Court Schedule.
- Case information can be found on the General District Court’s page on the Virginia’s Judicial System website, choose “Case Status and Information” from the sidebar, or go to Virginia’s Online Case Information System.
- Prepay traffic fines by calling 703-228-4599 or pay online.
The General District Court:
- Handles misdemeanor cases and holds preliminary hearings to determine probable cause in felonies
- Presides over involuntary mental commitment hearings for Arlington County.
- Has exclusive jurisdiction over claims for damages not greater than $25,000.
- Processes records such as criminal warrants, civil cases, and traffic summonses.
Brian. P Henshaw
703-228-7900 (main number)
703-228-4591 (Clerk’s Office)
- Hon. R. Frances O’Brien, Chief Judge
- Hon. Daniel Tomas Lopez
- Hon. Jason S. Rucker